Tuesday, February 2, 2010

University Student Rant #2- Homework

Ok so here’s the deal. I still have 2 out of the 4 pages for my essay to do that is due tomorrow. I have kinda started them but not really so it’s going to be a late night for sure. In addition to doing this I have a newly assigned 6-9 page essay and multiple 2 page reports that just keep coming. All of the assignments are getting bigger because of the reading week.

I don’t understand why university professors think that someone can handle all of this work at one time. There is no was a student can to the essay in 3 days with the essays from other classes. Don’t forget to factor in the time you need you eat, sleep and go to class. Plus is someone has a job that is a lot to juggle. I have 3 night classes a week so I am already tired when I get home. The last thing I want to do is be up to all hours of the morning working just to get the readings and the essay done. I am missing out on sleep and that is effecting everything I do.

Well I guess I should get back to working on the actual paper now and stop putting it off. All I can say is that I hope that somewhere out there, a prof is reading this and considering lightening their course load.

 

procrastination2

Ok just an update: I am sitting in “The Nest” with my good friend/ drinking buddy/ tard-wring-go-getter-and-eater Jessica. We both have papers due tomorrow. I am almost half way since the last post. Jess hasn’t taken the books out of the plastic yet. Procrastination at its best!

Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment